Winter Granola Bars
Takes , serves 8.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup crushed Wellington Traditional Water Crackers
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- In a medium-size saucepan on medium heat add butter and melt.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour over oat and cracker mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- In an 8×8 baking pan lined with parchment paper, press granola mixture into the pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and refrigerate for 1 hour. This will make the granola bars easier to cut.
- Remove granola from pan and peel off the parchment paper. Place on cutting board and cut into 10 bars.
- Place in a container and line each layer with parchment paper to prevent them from sticking to each other.