Whipped Brie with Fig Chutney
Takes , serves 8.
- 10 ounces Brie cheese
- 1/2 cup brown sugar unpacked
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups figs fresh or frozen, stems removed and quartered
- 1/3 cup apple diced
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Wellington Cracker's Traditional Water Crackers
- Cut rind from cheese and discard. Cut cheese into 1-inch cubes and place in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Beat on medium, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until smooth and light, about 10 minutes.
- Soak raisins in a bowl of hot water for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, melt sugar with vinegar. Add the figs, apple, onion, raisins, salt and spices
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat and cook for about an hour, stirring frequently.
- Set aside and allow for it to cool.
- To assemble, layer each cracker with whipped brie and a dollop of the fig chutney!