Roasted Beet Hummus
Takes , serves 2.
- 2 medium beets
- 1 can of chickpeas (15.5 oz) drained and rinsed
- 1-2 Tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp. of Tahini
- 1/3 of a Cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Trim the beets from the stems, wash and pat dry. Then loosely wrap each beet with foil and bake for about 1 hour. The timing depends on the size of the beets. When done, they should be tender inside.
- When the beets are cooked, take them out of the oven, unwrap from the foil and let them cool off.
- When you are ready to make hummus, using a pairing knife, scrape the beet skin off and cut them in pieces.
- Put them in a food processor with all other ingredients (chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, olive oil, salt, and pepper). Blend until smooth.
- If you want, you can add more olive oil or tahini to get the desired consistency.
- When done, place the roasted beet hummus in a bowl to serve. You can top it with toasted sesame seeds or pine nuts.
- Serve with Wellington crackers and vegetables.