- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a quarter sheet tray with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Place Wellington Traditional Water Crackers in an even layer on the parchment-lined pan and set aside.
- Place brown sugar, cubed butter, and vanilla in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. When the mixture begins to boil, cook for 2-3 minutes longer, and then pour hot toffee over the crackers. Smooth into an even layer.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for about 7 minutes. The toffee should be deeply brown and bubbly.
- Immediately when you remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle chopped chocolate over top of the toffee. Let rest for about 5 minutes, to melt, and then use an offset spatula to smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle the top with holiday sprinkles and flaky salt, if desired.
- Transfer the pan to the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, or until chocolate is completely hardened. Move the pan to the freezer for about 5 minutes for easy slicing. Remove the candy from the pan and use a sharp knife to cut it into pieces.
Recipe Creator: @gatheredatmytable