Grilled Pineapple Salsa with Zesty Lime Crema
Takes , serves 9.
- FOR THE SALSA
- 1 fresh pineapple cut into 1/2 inch steak sized slices
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped (1 large)
- 1/2 cup avocado chopped (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup fresh jalapeños or peppers of your choice diced (about 2) or taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- Salt to taste
- FOR THE CREMA
- 15 oz Crema Mexicana (1 jar) or Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp zest of 2 limes
FOR THE PINEAPPLE
- Break down and slice the pineapple into 1/2 inch steak sized pieces, grill until starting to soften and color with grill marks. Remove when still tender-crisp. Cool the chop into medium dice.
- Chop the rest of the salsa ingredients. A finer dice on the jalapeno and onion makes for a nicer texture.
- Juice the limes, saving a final squeeze for plating. **ZEST the limes first, setting aside the zest for the crema. Save a final section of lime peel to zest at the very end when plating.
- Combine the salsa ingredients with the lime juice, and a pinch of salt to taste.
FOR THE CREMA
- Combine the crema with the lime zest.
- Serve in separate bowls, or on a serving platter by spreading the crema, then top with the salsa. Add a final zest and a squeeze of lime juice over the top. Serve with Wellington Crackers and enjoy!
By: Sara @afoodloverslife