- In a blender or food processor, pulverize the Wellington assorted crackers until. they are a fine dust.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a tart pan with non stick spray. In a large bowl, combine the flour, crushed crackers, and sugar, whisk to combine. Add the vanilla, and stir it in as best you can. It’s ok if it clumps up a little.
- Using a pastry cutter, or your fingertips, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the butter is in pea sized pieces. The crust will still be crumbly at this point, but should hold its shape if you press it together.
- Press the crust into the bottom and up the sides of the tart pan. Poke with a fork several times, then bake 15 minutes. The crust won’t brown much at all and that’s perfect. Let cool completely.
- Add the butter and chocolate for the filling into a large bowl. Heat the cream in the microwave for 1 minute, then pour hot cream over chocolate and butter. Stir until melted and completely smooth. Pour into the cooled crust and place in the fridge for 30 minutes. Remove from fridge and use the back of a spoon to create swirls in the chocolate. Return to the fridge to set. 1-2 hrs.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk the cream, sugar, and amaretto until soft peaks. Spread the whipped cream onto the tart and top with chopped hazelnuts. Slice and serve.
By: Liz Buuck @BuuckFarmsBakery