Cowboy Caviar with Guajillo Chilis
Takes , serves 5.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 15 oz black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups sweet corn
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 5-8 medium guajillo chilis, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 box of Wellington Cracked Pepper Crackers
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sugar, lime juice, white wine vinegar, 1/4 tsp garlic powder and salt.
- Stir in the corn, red onion, green bell pepper, jalapeno and guajillo chilis.
- Gently stir in the black beans, black eyed peas, and roma tomatoes. Stir in cilantro.
- Serve with or on Wellington Cracked Pepper Crackers & enjoy!
Recipe Creator: Regina Foster