Takes , serves 12.
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (about 1 ¼ cup cooked beans)
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 6 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or any sugar of your choosing
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp almond milk or any milk of your choosing
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ - ½ tsp sea salt or to taste
- Wellington Traditional Crackers
- Put all ingredients in the order listed, into a blender
- Blend, starting on low speed and increasing to high, for 45-60 seconds or until the mixture is smooth.
- You may need to stop, scrape down the sides, and blend again.
- Transfer chocolate hummus to a serving dish and serve with Wellington Crackers. You can also transfer to an airtight container to store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- *Add more milk, if necessary, to achieve your desired consistency