Cheesy Stuffed Butternut Squash
Takes , serves 2.
- 2 medium sized butternut squash, halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tbsp plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 box Wellington Garlic & Herbs Crackers
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Place the halved butternut squash cut side down on the baking sheet and cover completely with another piece of foil.
- Bake the squash for 40-50 minutes or until a fork inserted into the flesh comes out easily.
- Remove the squash from the oven, lower the temperature to 425 degrees, and let the squash cool slightly.
- Using a spoon, scoop the flesh out and leave a 1/4 inch border around the squash halves so they will hold their shape.
- Discard one of the squash skins so that you have a total of 3.
- In a large bowl mash together the squash flesh, salt, pepper, sage, Greek yogurt, and goat cheese.
- Once everything is combined, spoon the squash mixture back into the 3 skins.
- Add Wellington Garlic & Herbs Crackers to a ziplock bag. Crush with a rolling pin until crushed. Top the squash with the crushed crackers and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the squash back in the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the mixture is heated through.