Caramelized Onion Dip
Takes , serves 2.
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- Wellington Assorted Crackers
- In a large cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, for about 25 minutes, or until onions are caramelized and golden brown
- Add Worcestershire sauce, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to release any brown bits. Let cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Stir to combine. Stir in cooled onions until incorporated.
- Serve onion dip at room temperature with Wellington Assorted Crackers, or refrigerate for 2 hours and serve completely cool.