Cajun Shrimp Guacamole Bites
Takes , serves 25.
- Chipotle Shrimp:
- 1lb. large raw shrimp, peel and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 small avocados
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- juice of 1 lime (about 2–3 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- To assemble:
- Wellington Crackers
- To prepare the Guacamole: Add avocado, cilantro, lime juice, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, and salt to a food processor or blender. Lightly pulse until the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- To prepare the Chipotle Shrimp: In a small bowl, add shrimp, smoked paprika, ground cumin, sea salt, and chipotle chili powder. Toss the shrimp to coat in the seasoning blend.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add olive oil to the pan and then place the shrimp. Cook shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Assemble the bites. Top each Wellington Cracker with a dollop of guacamole, one shrimp, and garnish with fresh cilantro.
By: Megan @olivesnthyme