Beer Cheese Dip
Takes , serves 2.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup amber ale
- 3 cups sharp cheddar
- Melt butter over medium heat in a medium-sized sauce pan
- Caramelize onions in the butter, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk in flour to make a roux. Cook 2 minutes and add milk.
- Whisk until smooth, add beer, and whisk again until smooth. Turn off the heat and add cheese.
- Stir until melted. Serve warm with Wellington Crackers, bread, sausages, and veggies.