Baked Goat Cheese in Marinara
Takes , serves 6.
- 8-10 oz Goat Cheese Log
- 4 TBSP Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2 C Favorite Jarred Marinara Sauce
- 1 C Fresh Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 TBSP Fresh Basil, thinly sliced
- Assorted Wellington Crackers for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a casserole dish, spread the marinara into an even layer. (I used a 9″ round dish)
- Place the goat cheese in the center of the marinara, and use a rubber spatuala to spread it out a little. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minute at 400.
- Remove from oven, and spread the goat cheese out some more. It will be easier to spread now that it’s warm.
- Arrange the cherry tomatoes around the edges of the dish and drizzle everything with more olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake an additional 20-25 minutes, or until tomatoes are starting to burst
By: Liz Buuck @BuuckFarmsBakery