Takes , serves 6.
- 1 pound bacon, center cut
- 1 box Wellington crackers
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove bacon from package and cut into thirds. Place bacon in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- On a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place crackers side by side.
- In a small bowl mix remaining 4 ingredients.
- Add sugar mixture to the bacon and toss until completely coated.
- Put one strip of bacon over each cracker. It is okay if it hangs over the cracker because the bacon will shrink as it starts to cook.
- Bake in the oven on the middle rack for 9-12 minutes until bacon is cooked and a caramelized color starts to form on the edges of the bacon and cracker.